Founder & CIO (Chief Inspiring Officer), Strengths in Focus and the Center for Inspired Personal Leadership
About the Instructor
An innovative leader in strengths-based change process and human resiliency, Chris Trout has inspired audiences across North America, from South Central Los Angeles to rural Maine, and his writings have influenced professionals from New Zealand to South Africa.
With that rare ability to reach both head and heart, Chris moves effortlessly from foundational research (which somehow never feels “research-y”) to powerful stories that speak to shared experience. The shelf life of Chris’ impact is measured not in days or weeks, but in years.
His unique insights and strategies are born of decades of in-the-trenches experience, helping people and organizations tap their unique strengths, clarify their why, and connect with what energizes and enspires them.
Home-base is the beautiful coast of southern Maine, where Chris lives with his wife, artist Suzanne Drown, and cheers on their two adult children, each inspired personal leaders in their own right.
- Introduction to Module 3
- The lizard brain
- Print/Do: Indicators & Triggers
- The artist brain
- But I'm right!
- Watch: Sarah Kay: Point B
- It's a paradox
- Print/Do: Paradox Chart
- Optimistic & pessimistic thinking patterns
- Print/Do: Optimistic & pessimistic thinking patterns
- Bonus: Paradoxical You
- Come join the conversation for Module 3
- Introduction to Module 4
- Desperately seeking your brilliance
- Strengths - not what you thought
- Print/Do: Energize - Drain Chart
- What is your constellation of strengths - and what does it mean?
- Print: 34 Signature Strengths from Gallup StrengthsFinder
- Print: Gallup's StrengthsFinder Domains
- Gathering your strengths & weaknesses
- Print/Do: Your Paradox Pie (strengths & weaknessess)
- The Four M's of Great Energy Management
- Print: The Four M's of Great Energy Management
- Bonus: More strategies to discover your (or others') strengths
- Bonus: How do I find my energy?
- For your convenience: Instructions to purchase and complete the optional StrengthsFinder Profile
- Come join the conversation for Module 4
- Introduction to Module 5
- How are Inspired Personal Leaders different?
- What is your why?
- What is your goosebumps vision?
- How will you invite others to play?
- Print/Do: Log your why, what and invitation to play
- Print: Circle of Energy
- Print: Sample vision & promises
- Bonus: Be the purple cow
- Come join the conversation for Module 5